1. It is rigidly defined.
2. It is easy to calculate and understand.
3. It is not affected by extreme values like the arithmetic mean. For example, 5 persons have their incomes $2000, $2500, $2600, $3000, $5000. The median would be $2600 while the arithmetic mean would be $3020.
4. It can be found by mere inspection.
5. It is fully representative and can be computed easily.
6. It can be used for qualitative studies.
7. Even if the extreme values are unknown, median can be calculated if one knows the number of items.
8. It can be obtained graphically.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)