1. It is rigidly defined. Its value is always definite.
2. It is easy to calculate and easy to understand. Hence it is very popular.
3. It is based on all the observations; so that it becomes a good representative.
4. It can be easily used for comparison.
5. It is capable of further algebraic treatment such as finding the sum of the values of the observations, if the mean and the total number of the observations are given; finding the combined arithmetic mean when different groups are given etc.
6. It is not affected much by sampling fluctuations
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)