1. (a) Describe five factors that should be considered when determining market potential in a foreign market. (10 marks)
(b) Explain five sources of information on opportunities that exist in foreign markets. (10 marks)
2. (a) ABC Ltd is a Kenyan company that is producing goods for the European market.
Explain six factors that the company should consider in determining the appropriateness of the packaging material to use
(b) Describe four types of industrial structures that an international marketer should assess when evaluating the economic environment of a country. (8 marks)
3. (a) The World Bank plays an important role in international trade.
Explain four functions of the World Bank. (8 marks)
(b) Explain six disadvantages of international trade to a country’s economy. (12 marks)
4. (a) Explain seven problems faced by economic integration in developing countries. (14 marks)
(b) Environmental Protection is an emerging issue in many countries. Describe three measures that are being taken by manufacturers to protect the environment. (6 marks)
5. (a) Explain six objectives of regional economic blocks. (12 marks)
(b) Explain four reasons for global standardization as a strategy of promoting International Trade. (8 marks)
6. (a) Describe six benefits that a company derives from using overseas manufacturing as a strategy of entering foreign markets. (12 marks)
(b) Explain four methods that an organization may use to price its products in international markets. (8 marks)
7. (a) Describe five types of information that should be gathered when carrying out International Market Research. (10 marks)
(b) Explain five disadvantages of protection as a barrier to international trade. (10 marks)