SECTION A (32 marks)
Answer ALL the questions in this section.
1. List four indicators of good human relations in an employee. (4 marks)
2. State three features which may portray social status differences among employees in an organization. (3 marks)
3. State three personality traits of an employee who has a strong desire for achievement, (3 marks)
4. List three factors that influence the values held by an employee. (3 marks)
5. State four signs of frustration among employees in an organization. (4 marks)
6. List three factors that led to the emergence of public relations in management. (3 marks)
7. State the rec publics of a non-profit making organization. (3 marks)
8. List three tasks of a public relations manager in an organization. (3 marks)
9. State three shortcomings of the radio as a media of public relations campaigns. (3 marks)
10. List three methods that a maybe used to evaluate the effectiveness of a public relations campaign in an organization. (3 marks)
SECTION B (68 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions from this section.
(a) Explain six non-monetary factors that may motivate employees in an organization.
(b) Highlight four measures that may be taken by an organization to minimize the effects of social stratification among its employees. (8 marks)
(a) Highlight four characteristics that an effective supervisor should possess. (8 marks)
(b) Explain six factors that may cause frustration among employees in an organization. (9 marks)
13. (a) The performance of employees in an organization is sometimes influenced by their attitude. Outline six characteristics of such attitude. (9 marks)
(b) Explain four consequences that an organization may face from negative publicity.
14. (a) Explain six challenges that may be faced by an in-house public relations department in an organization. (9 marks)
(b) Explain four benefits of using social media as an avenue of communicating public relations messages in an organization. (8 marks)
15. (a) Explain six ways through which an organization can portray its corporate identity.(9 marks)
(b) Explain four benefits that an organization may get from sponsorship as a medium of public relations.