A lease may be determined in various ways, namely:
- Notice: either party may notify the other its intention to terminate the lease. This is possible where the date of termination is not specified.
- Lapse of time: all fixed period tenancies determine on expiration of the stipulated time.
- Forfeiture: this is the right of the lessor, in the event of contain breaches, to re-enter the demised premises and thus prematurely terminate the lease.
- Surrender: this is the giving up by the tenant to the landlord of his interest in the premises.
- Merger: a lease determines if the interest of the lessor and the lessee in the property became vested in one person.
(Visited 97 times, 1 visits today)