THURSDAY: 8 December 2022. Morning Paper. Time Allowed: 3 hours.
Answer ALL questions. This paper has two sections. SECTION I has twenty (20) short response questions of forty (40) marks. SECTION II has three (3) practical questions of sixty (60) marks. Marks allocated to each question are shown at the end of the question.
- A computer
- Java Program
1. State the term given to the process of development of software products using well-defined scientific principles, methods and procedures and in a systematic approach. (2 marks)
2. The methodology used to describe the system concept as a collection of objects incorporating both data and processes in System Analysis and Design is known as. (2 marks)
3. The name given, to the object in Java that defines an unusual or erroneous situation, such as dividing a number by zero is called. (2 marks)
4. Identify the software development life cycle model illustrated by the figure below. (2 marks)
5. A capability of creating a single class with multiple superclasses is called ____________________. (2 marks)
6. The risky approach of complete replacement of the old system with the new system, in system implementation stage
of system analysis and design is referred to as? (2 marks)
7. State the name given to the translator that converts a source code, written in a high level language to an object code
line by line. (2 marks)
8. During the system development, there are individuals and organisations with a lot of interest in the successful
implementation of the systems because it affects them. State the name given to such people. (2 marks)
9. Indicate the output after execution of the following Java program function. (2 marks)
10. In Java programming, classes operate data through functions. Write code to create an instance of a keyword. (2 marks)
11. The _____________ is a tool used in System Analysis and Design to create formal descriptions of business process.
12. The interdisciplinary field that seeks to understand the general properties of systems of interrelated parts and their interactions over time is known as ________________. (2 marks)
13. The system used to automatically allocate and de-allocate objects in memory is known as__________. (2 marks)
14. The name given to the process of finding out whether it is economically worthwhile to invest in a system development project by looking at the investment returns and the project expenses is known as _______________. (2 marks)
15. The class blueprint in Java programming that has both static constants and abstract methods is referred to as
__________________. (2 marks)
16. The separation between an information system and its environment where the inputs and the outputs cross is called
__________________. (2 marks)
17. The Java Virtual Machine (JVM) problem that allocates the memory, but fails to release it and leads to JVM
running out of memory is referred to as: (2 marks)
18. The abstract representation of the data flows, inputs and outputs of the systems is known as ___________________.
19. The Java standard input stream used to read characters entered from the keyboard is called __________. (2 marks)
20. State the CASE tool that displays the various conditions that could exist in a system and the different actions that
the computer should take as a result of these conditions. (2 marks)
21. Write a Java program called “Question21” in a class named “Palidrome” to create an array called “mynumbers” of three integers 454, 567 and 323 and determine if each of the three integers is a palindrome or not using looping control structure. Palindrome is a sequence that reads the same backwards as forwards. (20 marks)
22. Write a Java program called “Question22” in a class named “PassVerify”, that prompts the user to enter a password through the keyboard, and store in a variable named “pass1”. Prompt the user to re-enter the password for confirmation entered through the keyboard, stored in a variable named “pass2”. If the password matches correctly, it should display the message “VALID password entered”, or else display the message “INCORRECT password entered”. (20 marks)
23. A wholesale store has a pool of clients who purchase goods through placing an order to pay either in cash or on credit basis. Using a word processing program named Question 23. Draw a decision tree followed by the business in giving discounts to its clients based on the criteria below: (10 marks)
If transaction is on credit and the client’s credit history is good, the order is accepted but not given any discount otherwise, if client’s credit history is bad then it is rejected
If transaction is in cash and the purchase is more than $10000, a discount of 15% is given
If transaction is in cash and purchase amount lies between $20000 and $30000 then a discount of 13% is given.
If transaction is on cash and sale amount is less than $20000 the order is accepted but discount is rejected.
Upload Question 23 document.
Use the information provided in question 23 (a) to create a decision table for cash paying clients, clearly showing the conditions/actions stubs and entries. (10 marks)
(Total: 20 marks)