SECTION A (32 marks)
Answer ALL the questions in this section in the spaces provided.
1. Outline two limitations of using the management judgement approach to forecast human resource requirements in an organization. (2 marks)
2: State three uses of the information obtained in a job description. (3 marks)
3: Outline four benefits that may be obtained by an organization that recruits fresh college graduates to fill vacant job positions.
4. List four types of interviews that may be used for the selection of new employees in an organization.
5. Outline three challenges that a supervisor may face when inducting a new employee into an organization.
6. List three off-the-job methods that a human resource manager may use to train employees in an organization.
7. Highlight three circumstances under which a human resource manager may use external sources to fill vacant job positions in an organization.
8. Outline three benefits that may be obtained by an employee who is properly placed in his job. (3 marks)
9. State three challenges that human resource managers may face when dealing with women employees. (3 marks)
10. State four measures that may be taken to address human resource requirements as a result of increased productivity in an organization.
SECTION B (68 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions from this section in the spaces provided.
Explain six factors that may lead to poor implementation of human resource plans in an organization. (9 marks)
Explain four ways in which job annie information assists in proper placement of employees. (8 marks)
Highlight six measures that a human resource manager may take to ensure an effective recruitment programme. (9 marks)
Explain four benefits of using tests in an employee selection process. (8 marks)
Highlight six objectives of an employee induction programme in an organization. (9 marks)
Outline four benefits that an organization may derive from training its employees. (8 marks)
Explain six measures that a human resource manager muy. take to ensure effective succession planning in an organization. (9 marks)
Give four reasons that may have led to the increasing trend by organizations to advertise vacant job positions on the Internet. (8 marks)
Outline six items that may be included in a formal induction programme for employees in an organization. (9 marks)
Explain four limitations of using the observation method to collect data in a job analysis exercise.