MONDAY: 5 December 2022. Afternoon Paper. Time Allowed: 3 hours.
Answer ALL questions. This paper has two sections. SECTION I has twenty (20) short response questions. Each question is allocated two (2) marks. SECTION II has three (3) practical questions of sixty (60) marks. Marks allocated to each question are shown at the end of the question.
- Windows server 2016/2019/2022 image
- Oracle Virtual box
- Linux/Windows computer
SECTION I (40 MARKS)
1. A logical grouping of related network access technologies is referred to as________________. (2 marks)
2. State the component that could be put in place to deploy network virtualisation and centrally manage Data centre Firewall policies. (2 marks)
3. The ______________ entails users, computers, other groups and other Active Directory objects where administrators can manage it as a single object to simplify network maintenance and administration. (2 marks)
4. A mechanism that allows users to group two or more physical Network Interface card (NICs) into a single logical network device is known as_____________. (2 marks)
5. You have been tasked to create a subnet from private IP address of 172.16.10.0/24 to a server that supports four hosts. The solution must minimise the number of addresses available to the subnet. Demonstrate the subnet that should be used. (2 marks)
6. State the Windows Server feature that enables you to group multiple servers together into a fault tolerant cluster to increase availability and scalability of applications and services such as Scale-Out File Server, Hyper-V and Microsoft SQL Server. (2 marks)
7. The ___________ forms part of computer’s DNS name that follows the hostname element such as skypc to make it skypc.accounting.kasneb.or.ke. (2 marks)
8. The ___________ feature in window server operating system allows users across organisational boundaries to access applications using a single set of login credential. (2 marks)
9. The process that eliminates excessive copies of data and significantly decreases storage capacity requirements is referred to as ______________. (2 marks)
10. State the feature in PowerShell used by administrators to automate the configuration of Windows and Linux operating systems. (2 marks)
11. The ____________ command utility helps administrators to diagnose Active Directory replication problems between domain controllers running Microsoft Windows operating systems? (2 marks)
12. A segmented piece of a larger network design strategy where all subnet masks can have varying sizes is known as
______________. (2 marks)
13. An IP address is a unique address that identifies a device on the internet or a local network where servers and hosts are located. Determine the usable host addresses that are available in 192.168.10.50/30 network. (2 marks)
14. An upcoming multinational pharmaceutical company has been issued with 2001:DB8: ACAD: :/48 by the service provider. Compute the bits available given the prefix to create 64 subnetworks for the servers located in different site locations if interface ID bits are borrowed. (2 marks)
15. The term that describes the type of backup that only copies data that has been changed or created since the previous backup activity was conducted is known as ____________. (2 marks)
16. The process of selecting, preparing, extracting and transforming data before permanently transferring it from one computer storage system to another is referred to as __________. (2 marks)
17. State the name given to the process of gaining visibility into the activity on your servers whether physical or virtual.
18. State the name of the system or router that provides a gateway between users and the internet. (2 marks)
19. The administration of network services such as DNS and DHCP that assign and resolve IP addresses to machines in a TCP/IP network is known as ______________. (2 marks)
20. State the server role that refers to a logical grouping of related network access technologies such Routing and Web
application proxy. (2 marks)
SECTION II (60 MARKS)
- Windows Server 2016/2019/2022 image
- Oracle Virtual box
- Linus/Windows computer
Install Oracle Virtual box and Windows server image to your computer and answer the following questions:
21. Create a word processing document named “Domain” and use the word processor document to save your answers to
questions 1 to 3:
1. With the use of active directory domain, capture a screenshot displaying the following:
Domain directory named songambele.com. (4 marks)
Ethernet properties of a second valid unicast address of 172.16.0.0/24 network. (4 marks)
2. Using an appropriate command utility, display the system information of the server you are using. (6 marks)
3. Configure the switch teaming mode to “switch independent” and the load belonging mode to be dynamic.
Capture a screenshot to demonstrate how you have performed the above task. (6 marks)
Upload domain document
(Total: 20 Marks)
22. Create a word processing document named “DHCP” and use the word processor document to save your answers to
questions 1 to 2.
1. Configure DHCP server role using role -based installation.
Capture screenshot of your configuration settings. (4 marks)
Capture a screenshot displaying DHCP server manager console. (4 marks)
2. Configure a scope using appropriate name of Network address 10.0.0.0/24 in your DHCP server console.
Capture a screenshot showing an address pool of 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.254. (3 marks)
Capture a screenshot of the excluded address from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.4 with a delay of 10 milliseconds. (3 marks)
Capture a screenshot of lease duration of IP usage to be 1 day 12 hours and 30 minutes. (3 marks)
Capture a screenshot that specify 10.0.0.1 as the IP address for a router to be used by clients. (3 marks)
Upload DHCP document.
(Total: 20 marks)
23. Create a word processing document named “Address” and use the word processor document to save your answers to
1. A reservation ensures DHCP client is always assigned the same IP address.
Configure a reserved client named “printer” for both DHCP and BOOTP using 10.0.0.9 IP address. (6 marks)
2. Capture a screenshot of the available scope options. (3 marks)
3. Using appropriate command, display the Ethernet adapter settings. (3 marks)
4. Using appropriate command utility, query the DNS record of www.altoromutual.com as the remote site. (4 marks)
5. Identify local host address and the remote site address. (2 marks)
6. Capture a screenshot to demonstrate how you have performed the above task. (2 marks)
Upload Address document.
(Total: 20 marks)