Reliability centred maintenance: Reliability centred maintenance (RCM) is defined as ―a process used to determine the maintenance requirements of any physical asset in its operating context‖.
- Can be the most efficient maintenance program.
- Lower costs by eliminating unnecessary maintenance or overhauls.
- Minimize frequency of overhauls.
- Reduced probability of sudden equipment failures.
- Able to focus maintenance activities on critical components.
- Increased component reliability.
- Incorporates root cause analysis.
- Can have significant start-up cost, training, equipment, etc.
- Savings potential not readily seen by management.
(Visited 344 times, 3 visits today)