History and Government paper 2
Answer all the questions in this section in the space provided at the end of question 24.
1. Identify two types of oral traditions used to obtain information on History and Government. (2 marks)
2. Who discovered the Evolution Theory on the origin of man? (1 mark)
3. Name two early crops which were domesticated by man. (2 marks)
4. Give one type of trade. (1 mark)
5. State two disadvantages of using elephants as a means of transport. (2 marks)
6. Highlight two advantages of wind energy. (2 marks)
7. State two factors which led to the growth of Meroe as an urban centre. (2 marks)
8. Give the main reason why the golden stool was important in the Asante Empire. (1 mark)
9. Give one characteristic of human rights.
10. State how humanitarian factors influenced the scramble for Africa. (1 mark)
11. Outline two roles of the Emirs in Northern Nigeria during the colonial period. (2 marks)
12. Name two African leaders who attended the 5th Pan-African Congress in 1945. (2 marks)
13. Give two nations which belonged to the Triple Entente during the First World War. (2 marks)
14. Identify the organ of the Commonwealth which is responsible for policy making. (1 mark)
15. Name the European power that colonised the Democratic Republic of Congo. (1 mark)
16. Identify one major political party in Britain.
17. Give the first Black President of the United States of America.
SECTION B (45 marks)
Answer any three questions from this section in the space provided at the end of question 24.
18. (a) Give five uses of stone tools by the early man. (5 marks)
(b) Explain five reasons why Africa is regarded as the original homeland of mankind. (10 marks)
19. (a) Give five traditional forms of communication. (5 marks)
(b) Discuss five advantages of using the interne as a source of information on History and Government_ (10 marks)
20. (a) Outline five methods which were used by the Europeans to acquire colonies in Africa. (5 marks)
(b) Explain five reasons why the Africans were defeated during the Maji Maji rebellion. (10 marks)
21. (a) State five roles which were played by Kwame Nkrumah during the struggle for independence in Ghana. (5 marks)
(b ) Explain five factors which were responsible for the growth of African nationalism in South Africa. (10 marks)
SECTION C (30 marks)
Answer any two questions from this section in the space provided at the end of question 24.
22. (a) Identify three political causes of the First World War. (3 marks)
(b) Explain six effects of the Second World War. (12 marks)
23. (a) State three ways in which the Government of Tanzania nationalised resources following the Arusha Declaration. (3 marks)
(b) Discuss six political challenges which were experienced in the Democratic Republic of Congo at independence. (12 marks)
24. (a) State three ways in which the Monarch is important in Britain. (3 marks)
(b) Explain six responsibilities of the State governments in the United States of America. (12 marks)