1. (a) List four examples of impact printers used in organizations. (2 marks)
(b) Explain the term formatting as used in word processing. (2 marks)
2. The Management at Theer Ltd. intends to automate its customer care section in order to improve its image. Explain two office automation communication services that are likely to be introduced. (4 marks)
3. With the aid of a block diagram, outline the typical categories of the computer keyboard keys. (4 marks)
4. A Secretary in a Tour’s company has been advised to procure a word processing program for her work. Explain two uses of this program. (4 marks)
5. (a) Outline two types of computer buses. Ck<\c>V>’j‘xe. (2 marks)
(b) A business manager in a certain company is fond of using off the shelf software for its operations. Outline two advantages of this software that could influence this trend. (2 marks)
6. (a) Explain the term user files as used in computers. – (2 marks)
(b) Jotham has discovered that his laptop is infected with viruses. Outline two possible symptoms that the laptop could exhibit to show it is infected. (2 marks)
7. With the aid of a diagram, describe bus topology as used with computer systems. (4 marks)
8. (a) Distinguish between transition speed and transition sound as used in presentation programs. (2 marks)
(b) Figure 1 shows a typical feature used in a presentation program. Explain the function of this feature.
9. (a) Explain the circumstance under which the e-hilling is used in organizations. (2 marks)
(b) The family of Mr. Johnson intends to install wired computer network around their house.
Explain one challenge that they face in this activity. (2 marks)
10. Describe the procedure that could be used to introduce a theme in a presentation document