I. (a) Highlight five aspects of human resource that distinguish it from other resources in an organization. (] 0 marks)
(b) Explain tire items that should be contained in a letter ot offer to a candidate who has been selected for a job. (10 marks)
2. (a) Explain five benefits of human resource planning to an organization. (JO marks)
(b) Senior managers in organizations are recruited through “executive search” or “head hunting” process. Explain the benefits of using this process of recruitment. (10 marks )
3. (a) Highlight five ways in which the personality of an interviewee can be effectively assessed by an interviewing panel. (10 marks)
Human resource managers sometimes complain that the importance of human resource management in organizations is not properly understood or is negatively perceived.
Outline five ways in which this perception can be corrected. (10 marks)
4 (a) Give five reasons that may necessitate the engagement of human resource management consultants to advise on personnel policies. (10 marks)
(b) Highlight five purposes served by human resource records in an organization. (10 marks)
5. (a) Outline rhe details that would be contained in a job specification. (10 marks)
(b) Mwamanga, a newly recruited manager at Witu Company Limited, has gone through an intensive orientation programme.
Explain the ways in which the orientation may enhance the effectiveness of Mwamanga in carrying out his duties. (lOmark^j
6. (a) Explain the problems that an organization may experience due to poor placement of employees. (10 marks)
(b) Pinto Limited has not been providing any welfare facilities to its employees. The firm is now contemplating doing .so for all categories of employees, Give five reasons thal may account for this change of policy. (10 marks)
7. (a) One of the methods of analyzing a job is by conducting job analysis interviews.
Explain the merits of this method. (10 marks) Explain five measures that an organization may take to ensure confidentiality of Human