Factors to consider when choosing means of communication.
- Speed: When the message is urgent, telex, telephone or telegram is the best
- Cost: Refers to expenses incurred in sending a message. Generally, the letter is cheaper to send messages.
- Confidentiality: The ability of the message to reach to the intended person. Letters are better than telephone for confidence purposes.
- Distance: Represents the geographical gap between the sender and the recipient
- Evidence: Refers to the record of the message conveyed. All means of written communication provide evidence.
- Reliability: The assurance certainity that the message will reach the intended recipient, at the intended time, place and the right form. Face to face is the best for this purpose.
(Visited 393 times, 1 visits today)