- This is an act or omission committed or omitted in violation of public law.
- It is a wrong against the state.
- Examples include murder, rape, drunken driving, incitement to violence causing death by dangerous driving, incest assault theft by servant uttering a false document
- Persons who commit criminal wrongs are generally arrested by the state. They are then charged in a court of law and prosecuted by the state.
- If convicted they may be fined imprisoned, or subjected to capital or corporal punishment.
- This is the violation of a persons rights by another.
- It is a wrong against a person i.e. human being, corporation or the state.
- Examples include breach of contract negligence, assault, battery, false imprisonment, defamation, nuisance, passing off deceit, conversion.
- The plaintiff sues the defendant for the wrong and must prove his case.
- Remedies for the plaintiff include damages, injunction, specific performance tracing account, winding up.
(Visited 18 times, 2 visits today)