- Volenti non fit injuria: This is the defence of voluntary assumption of risk applicable in circumstances in which the plaintiff has consented to the act which causes the harm.
- Defence of the person: the defendant may rely on this defence if the committed the thetrespass while defending his person from a threatened invasion. The defence is sustainable only if the force used is proportional to the threat.
- Defence of property: this defence is available to a defendant who commits trespass while defending his property provided the force used is proportional to the threat.
- Inevitable Accident: the defendant may rely on this defence if the trespass to the plaintiff was accidental and no reasonable step could have been taken to prevent the same.
- Mistake: a defendant can rely on this defence if the trespass was committed to the wrong person and the defendant had reasonable ground to believe that the plaintiff was the party concerned.
(Visited 63 times, 1 visits today)