CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL NOTES
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY
- PL 1.01 Organizational Environment
- PL 1.02 Procurement of Goods, Services and Works
- PL 1.03 Procurement Planning
- PL 1.04 Supply Chain Management Information System
- PL 1.05 Contract Law and Negotiation
- PL 1.06 Finance for Procurement
- PL 2.01 Supply Chain Management for SMEs
- PL 2.02 Procurement Costing and Budgeting
- PL 2.03 Procurement of Consultancy Services
- PL 1.04 Procurement Audit and Risk Management
- PL 1.05 Quantitative Techniques
- PL 1.06 Category Management
- PL 3.01 Sustainable Procurement
- PL 3.02 International Procurement
- PL 3.03 Logistics and Inventory Managements
- PL 3.04 Research in Procurement
- PL 3.05 Operation Management
Download CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL NOTES KENYA
The CPSP-K curriculum/exam is designed to equip learners with knowledge, practical skills, and attitudes that will enable them to perform duties as buyers, supply chain managers, supervisor directors, or consultants for organizations. To achieve this, modules such as Costing and Budgeting, Finance, Leadership, Governance and Project Management are incorporated into the curriculum, in addition to core Supply Chain Management modules.The program comprises four parts, including a research paper and has been benchmarked to international curriculum and practice standards. The course is concerned with the application of procurement and supply principles and solving supply chain challenges in a dynamic environment.
The Professional Course in Supply Chain Management is packaged into four (4) Parts namely:
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional PART I
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional PART II
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional PART III
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional PART IV
The course is concerned with the application of procurement and supply principles and solving supply chain challenges in a dynamic environment.
Duration of CPSP – K Programme
The course is designed to be covered in 1,250 hours
Examinations will be conducted in the periods:
A person seeking to be registered as a student for the CPSP examination must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following qualifications:
- Pass in APS (K), or
- Degree from a recognized university, or
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), mean grade of C+(plus) with minimum C+(plus) in English and in Mathematics, or
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least TWO principle passes and credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE)
- Equivalent qualifications as determined Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Demonstrate knowledge and advice on mitigation of emerging issues in Supply Chain Management
- Appreciate the legal aspects of Supply Chain Management
- Apply appropriate decision-making tools in Supply Chain Management
- Manage Procurement Projects
- Apply research methodology principles, processes, theory, and models in organizational problem-solving.
- Practice as a supply chain specialist/consultant.
Issuing Of Certificate
A candidate will be issued a certificate for every Part completed successfully. The final professional certificate will be issued on completion of Part IV and Research Project in Procurement and Supply. A candidate earns the title Certified Procurement and Supply Professional of Kenya (CPSP-K) upon completion of the entire course.