MONDAY: 1 August 2022. Morning paper. Time Allowed: 2 hours.
Answer ALL questions. Each question is allocated two (2) marks.
1. Which of the following is not an interface for computer monitor?
2. Which of the following is the use of firewalls?
A. Block packets
B. Check for virus
C. Format disks
D. Control backups
3. Which of the following determines the software that opens a file?
A. File size
B. File name
C. File extension
D. Date modified
4. A device that connects networks of different protocols is known as
5. Which of the following network configuration tool addresses the devices directly?
B. Menu Driven
6. Which of the following is not a threat to data?
B. Phishing Software
7. Identify a software tool suitable for prototyping
A. MS Access
C. MS SQL Server
8. Identify a data type used to store average data of a field
9. Which of the following health issue is caused by technology?
C. Eye strain
10. Which of the following method of data processing is suitable for reservation systems?
C. Real time
11. Which process of SDLC can occur at any stage of system development?
12. Choose the fastest transmission media
A. Twisted pair
B. Optic fiber
D. Two pair cable
13. Which is the reason for outsourcing ICT services?
14. Which of the following is the latest feature to be included in ICT systems?
A. Artificial intelligence
C. Large scale integration
15. Choose the most important use ICT in schools
D. Lesson Presentation
16. Identify the system that provides the most summarised report
A. Transaction processing system
B. Executive Information system
C. Management Information Systems
D. Decision support information system
17. A user who helps others when they are not able to use computers is called_________?
A. User support analyst
C. Systems administrators
D. Database administrators
18. Which of the following was not an impact of COVID 19 pandemic on ICT?
A. Online meeting
B. Online classroom
C. Increased productivity
D. Online support
19. Evaluate the following statement as TRUE or FALSE “Computers have reduced in size over time”
20. Evaluate the following statement as TRUE or FALSE “In rapid application development two programmers work in one work station”
21. Which of the following is a keying in device?
B. Concept keyboard
C. Touch screen
D. Touch pad
22. Which of the following NOT a criterion for classifying computer?
23. Identify a utility software
24. Identify a low-level language from the list?
25. What will the following statement evaluate: true and false evaluate to?
26. Conversion of high-level code to machine language line by line is called?
27. A system used by a clerk in an organisation is?
A. Executive support system
B. Artificial intelligence
C. Transaction processing system
D. Decision support
28. A type of data processing used by an organization for processing salaries is best referred to as?
B. Batch processing
C. Real time
29. A device that connects other computers to a WIFI network is called?
A. Access point
30. Which of the following is the best example of e-governance?
A. Checking exams results online
B. Tweeting a friend
C. Applying for passports online
D. Applying police abstract using paper form
31. Which of the following is NOT a softcopy output device?
32. Which of the following software is installed before a new device can be useable?
33. ___________is a computer memory used for temporary storage of data and program.
B. Flash disk
D. Hard disk
34. The first step in system development lifecycle is?
A. Feasibility Study
B. Requirement Gathering
D. System Analysis
35. The problem associated with waterfall model is?
A. Slow speed of implementation
B. The project is Complex
C. Does not accommodate changes
D. Projects maintenance is difficult
36. Evaluate the following statement “Software outsourcing is a process of collaboration between two or more parties with common interest”. Is it true or false?
37. Choose the most appropriate statement that describes impact printers?
A. They are fast
B. Use optical technology
C. Uses thermal devices
D. Strike an inked ribbon against a paper to produce characters.
38. _________tool is a software package that provides support for the design and implementation of information systems.
39. The following technology was used by fourth generation computers?
B. Vacuum tubes
C. LSI chips
D. Magnetic cores
40. Notepad is an example of a _____ software
A. Operating system
B. Application Software
C. Word processor
D. Input device
41. The most appropriate application software for performing numerical and statistical calculations is?
A. Document Processor
D. Spread Sheet
42. A small single-site network in an organisation is called?
D. Blue tooth
43. Which of the following storage devices uses small magnets to store data?
A. Flash disks
C. Hard disk
44. In program execution, _______ converts and executes a whole program
45. A collection of webpages is called _________
A. Server IP
B. Web browser
C. DNS server
D. Web site
46. Any software that prevents a computer system from achieving its performance is called?
A. System infectors
D. Boot infectors
47. Choose the one that is odd one out.
48. What is the name given to programs stored in ROM chips?
49. Which of the following is the problem of using ICT for entertainment?
B. Readily available
D. Low cost
50. Which of the following is NOT a data pre-processing method?
A. Data Visualization
B. Data Discretization
C. Data Cleaning
D. Data Reduction