THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN SALESAND MARKETING
DIPLOMA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
DIPLOMA IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT
DIPLOMA IN TOUR GUIDING MANAGEMENT
DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN PETROLEUM MANAGEMENT
SECTION A (32 marks)
- List three aspects of interpersonal communication which may indicate formal relations between the sender and lhe receiver
- Stale three uses of feedback to I he sender of a mtssage
- List three components of a grammatically correct sentence
- Outline four sections of a curriculum vitae.
- List four types of meetings dial may be held in an organization.
- Outline three functions of an appraisal interview lli an organization.
- State three items that may be included in die preliminary pages of a long report
- State three ways m which a speaker may enhance the understanding of a speech,
- State two limitations at’non-verbal communication
- List four advantages of using visual communication when making a presentation
Explain four ways in which advancement in technology huenhanced effectiveness of communication in organizations.
[bl Describe four external sL-bkehufocra with whom an organization may communicate.
12. The organization you work for as an administrative assistant has been receiving negative media publicity over the last three months. You have been asked by the management to investigate the issue. Assume that you have completed your investigation and write a report
incorporating recommendations. (16 marks)
13. (a) You work as die Logistics Manager al Brandon Limited, Lately,, the firm which provides you with cleaning services has heen doing a poor job. Wri te a complaint letter to the management of the firm. (12 marks)
(b) Outline three reasons why organizations hold meetings.