MAASAI MARA UNIVERSITY
REGULAR UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS
2014/2015 ACADEMIC YEAR
SECOND YEAR FIRST SEMESTER
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMMUNICATION, JOURNALISM AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
COURSE CODE: CMM 210
COURSE TITLE: SURVEY OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
DATE:1ST SEPTEMBER 2015 TIME: 8.30AM – 10.30AM
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
Question ONE is compulsory.
Answer any other TWO questions.
This paper consists of 2 printed pages. Please turn over.
SECTION A (COMPULSORY) (TOTAL 30 MKS)
1. You have been hired as a public relations manager of Maasai Mara University which is fast growing and intends to increase its academic programmes and expand to various regions across Kenya. At this point in time, the vice chancellor has assigned you the task of publicizing the university in Mombasa County. In view of this, discuss elaborately how you will undertake this assignment. (30 mks)
SECTION B (SELECT ANY OTHER TWO QUESTIONS)
2. Using relevant illustrations, discuss the four major types of publics that an organization can have. (20 mks)
3. “Careful planning leads to programmes that are proactive and preventive rather than to activities that are merely reactive or remedial.” Discuss this statement and justify FIVE significances of planning in public relations. (20 mks)
4. The RACE Model by John Marston is instrumental in addressing various public relations activities. Using relevant illustrations, explain how you will implement it in order to help an organization achieve its goals. (20 mks)
5. Using relevant examples, discuss the FOUR stages of crisis. (20mks)