The president may:
- Grant pardon either free or subject to lawful conditions a person convicted of an offence.
- Grant to a person a respite either indefinite or for a specified period of the execution of a punishment imposed on that person.
- Substitute a less severe term of punishment for a punishment imposed on a person for an offence.
- Remit the whole or part of a punishment imposed on a person for an offence or of a penalty or forfeiture.
- Remove in whole or in part the non-qualification or the disqualification of a person arising out of or in consequence of the report of an election court.
(Visited 1,263 times, 1 visits today)
2 thoughts on “Circumstances under which the President may exercise the prerogative of mercy”
Can I please get more questions on business law