- Occurs when there is a work stoppage due to machine breakdown
- Maintenance becomes repair work
- Seeks to get the equipment back into operation as quickly as possible
- To control the investment in replacement spare machines
1. Involves low cost investment for maintenance.
2. Less staff is required.
1. Increased cost due to unplanned downtime of equipment.
2. Increased labour cost, especially if overtime is needed.
3. Cost involved with repair or replacement of equipment.
4. Possible secondary equipment or process damage from equipment failure.
5. Inefficient use of staff resources.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)