- To minimise capital investment in inventory by eliminating excessive stocks;
- To ensure availability of needed inventory for uninterrupted production and for meeting consumer demand;
- To provide a scientific basis for planning of inventory needs;
- To tiding over the demand fluctuations by maintaining reasonable safety stock;
- To minimise risk of loss due to obsolescence, deterioration, etc.;
- To maintain necessary records for protecting against thefts, wastes leakages of inventories and to decide timely replenishment of stocks.
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)