A computer system requires procedures to;
- Convert data to machine readable form.
- Input data into the computer.
- Process data.
- Store data in machine readable form.
- Convert data into desired output form.
For these procedures to be undertaken, a mixture of hardware and software is needed. The hardware will consist of;
- Input devices. These include keyboards, optical readers, and bar code scanners.
- Processing devices. These are the computers themselves. i.e. CPU
- Storages devices include hard disk, diskettes and magnetic tapes.
- Output devices. These include the visual display unit (VDU) and printers.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)