A powerful and flexible general-purpose statistical software package used in research, among others in the fields of economics, sociology, political science. It’s capabilities include data management, statistical analysis, graphics, simulations, regression, and custom programming.
STATA is available to eligible students and staff in departments and centres in the Manor Road Building [MRB]; to be eligible you must be nominated by your department/centre.
- Performs a large number of statistical analyses
- Easy to understand and use.
- Has a large amount of example data available within the package, as well as online.
- Large number of downloadable extensions that can be used to do more complex analysis/data presentation
- Limited in terms of data manipulation.
- Application is gets few updates and is culprit to bugs
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)