Supervise the operation of a storeroom and all facets including ordering, receiving, processing, recording and distributing supplies and materials; preparing and maintaining detailed records and files. Supervision is exercised over storekeepers and delivery persons.
Duties of a store manager
- Manage, oversee, supervise and participate in storeroom operations.
- Approve requisitions, analyzes work orders, etc.
- Supervise computer operations.
- Brief staff on materials to be loaded or on assembly of items to be delivered.
- Check with staff for changes that could affect delivery schedule; make schedule adjustments as needed.
- Review paperwork from deliveries to determine if additional work requirements will occur.
- Check documents for thoroughness and completeness and prepare additional documentation when necessary.
- Initiate all requests for replenishment of stock.
- Oversee the receipt and issuing of materials entering or leaving warehouse.
- Take periodic inventories and participate in monthly inventory program.