THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN SALES AND MARKETING
1 (a) The sales manager of XYZ company has been mandated to recruit additional staff to fill vacant sales jobs. Explain the factors that may limit the effectiveness of the exercise. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the ways in which a sales forecast may be useful to a sales manager. (10 marks)
2. (e) A sales manager is expected to provide leadership to the salesforce. Explain the ways in which such a manager may provide such leadership. (10 marks)
(b) One of the methods that a sales manager could use to determine the size of the salesforce is the work load approach. Describe the steps that are followed in this method, (10 marks)
3. (a) One of the functions of a sales manager is to control the performance of the salesforce.
Describe the steps that the manager should go through in carrying out this function. (10 marks)
(b) The sales manager of Swazi Company Ltd is in the process of re-assigning territories to its salespersons. Explain the reasons that may have led to this move. (10 marks)
4. (a) Explain the benefits that a firm may derive from establishing an appropriate motivation program for the salesforce. (10 marks)
(b) The sales manager of Nyati Company Ltd is in the process of designing sales territories.
Explain the factors that the manager should take into account when undertaking the exercise. (10 marks)
5. (a) A certain firm has decided to use the Jury of Executive Opinion method of forecasting its sales. Explain the disadvantages of using the method. (10 marks)
(b) The sales manager of Nyotc company Lid has decided to recruit salespersons from among its current employees in other departments. Explain the advantages of using this source for the recruitment. (10 marks)
6. (a) The sales manager of Wote Company Ltd has set relatively high sales targets for the salespeople. Explain the problems that may be associated with such sales targets. (10 marks)
(b) Most organizations regularly develop their sales budgets. Explain the benefits that may accrue to a firm from this practice. (10 marks)
7. (a) One of the methods that may be used to train salespeople is classroom training.
Explain the advantages of using this training method. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the factors that a firm should consider when choosing a sales forecasting method to use.