1. (a) Kongoni Company Limited intends to develop a new product. Explain six factors which could hinder the development of the product. (12 marks)
(b) In the recent past, the practice of e-retailing has been growing rapidly. Explain four advantages of this method of retailing. (8 marks)
2. (a) Explain six factors which may influence the adoption process of a new product by an organization. (12 marks)
(b) XYZ Company Limited has decided to use direct marketing to reach its customers.
Highlight four problems that the linn is likely to face from using this method. (8 marks)
3. (a) Describe five salient features of an efficient marketing information system. (10 marks)
(b) Sales promotion expenditures account for a significant portion of a firm’s marketing communication budget. Explain five reasons for this expenditure. (10 marks)
4. (a) One of the methods used by firms to determine the price of products is the mark-up pricing method. Explain four reasons that may account for the popularity of this method. (8 marks)
(b) Explain six benefits that may accrue to a firm which ensures that its customers arc satisfied. (12 marks)
5. (a) Describe four roles of marketing research in the marketing process of a firm. (8 marks)
(b) A certain retail shop has installed an Electronic Data Interchange system (EDI).
Explain six benefits that the firm may derive from the system. (12 marks)
6. (a) Describe four methods that a customer would use to present a complaint to a firm. (8 marks)
(b) BTP Company Limited intends to adopt the marketing concept in its operations.
Explain six measures that the firm may take to facilitate the adoption of the concept (12 marks)
7. (a) Describe four internal sources of information within an organization’s marketing information system. (8 marks)
(b) Bandu Company Limited has reduced the price of its washing detergent. Explain six benefits that the firm may derive from this move. (12 marks)