SECTION A (32 marks)
Answer ALL the questions in this section.
1. State three functions of the human resource department in an organization. (3 marks)
2. Outline three reasons why organizations store office correspondence. (3 marks)
3. State four voluntary deductions that may be made on employees’ wages and salaries. (4 marks)
4. State three items that are indicated on a stock record card. (3 marks)
5. State two measures that an organization can put in place to minimise the damage caused by
fire outbreaks in the offices. (2 marks)
6. Outline three reasons why an organization may the use audio-visual form of communication
when passing information to the customers. (3 marks)
7. State four instances where it would be appropriate to use letters to communicate in an office. (4 marks)
List four types of desks that are used in offices.
State two objectives that an organization aims to achieve by carrying out public relations activities. (2 marks)
State four facilities that may be provided for visitors at the customer care office to enhance the image of the organization. (4 marks)
SECTION B (68 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions from this section
Explain six benefits that an organization may get from using a numerical filing system. (9 marks)
(b) Outline the circumstances under which a co-operative society may be dissolved.
42 (a) Explain six ways in which poor human relations among employees may negatively affect the operations of an organization.
(b) Outline four functions that are carried out in an office. (8 marks)
Explain six reasons why many organizations may prefer to use the open-plan office layout. (9 marks)
(b) Outline four categories of stock that may be stored by a manufacturing organization. (8 marks)
14. (a) Explain six barriers to effective communication. (9 marks)
(b) Outline four disadvantages of bank loans as a source of finance for a business. (8 marks)
(a) Outline six disadvantages of using computers to carry out office work. (9 marks)
(b) Explain four reasons why many organizations are reluctant to use the functional organization structure. (8 marks)