1. (a) Explain six guidelines that should be followed when formulating a marketing research problem. (12 marks)
(b) Explain four reasons for using a research design when conducting a marketing research. (8 marks)
2. (a) Explain five types of research instruments that may be used when conducting a marketing research. (10 marks)
(b) Describe five roles of research assistants in data collection. (10 marks)
3. (a) Explain the significance of a marketing research proposal to an organization. (10 marks)
(b) Describe five probability sampling methods that are used when conducting marketing research. (10 marks)
4. (a) Outline the components of a marketing research report. (14 marks)
(b) Some organizations arc faced with challenges that relate to emerging marketing trends.
Explain the challenges that marketers face when conducting research on these emerging trends. (6 marks)
5. (a) Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative research. (10 marks)
(b) A company dealing with beauty products intends to conduct a market research. Explain the sources of information that the researchers will use to formulate the research problem. (10 marks)
6. (a) Fashion Star Limited is a clothing company that intends to segment its market. Explain six demographic variables that the company may consider when carrying out its market research. (12 marks)
(b) Explain four advantages of using computerized data analysis technique. (8 marks)
7. (a) Describe six problems that a researcher may encounter when collecting data using a self administered questionnaire. (12 marks)
(b) Explain four errors that may occur during data analysis.