Kenya Certiﬁcate of Secondary Education
2020 Christian religious Education (CRE) Paper 2
1. (a) Outline Isaiah’s prophecy on the suffering servant. (8 marks)
(b) With reference to the infancy narratives in Luke 1 and 2, explain ways in which the birth of Jesus was an extraordinary event. (6 marks)
(c) Give six lessons Christians learn from the parents of John the Baptist. (6 marks)
2. (a)Give five reasons why Jesus was rejected in Nazareth.(5 marks)
(b) Describe the incident in which Jesus healed the Centurion’s servant. (Luke 7:1-10) (7 marks)
(c) Identify eight ways through which the Church is continuing with the healing ministry of Jesus. (8 marks)
3. (a) Describe the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. (Luke 19: 28-40) (6 marks)
(b) Outline the events that took place from the time Jesus was arrested up to when he was
sentenced to death. (7 marks)
(c) Give seven lessons Christians learn from the suffering and death of Jesus. (7 marks)
4. (a) Outline what Peter said about Jesus on the day of Pentecost. (6 marks)
(b) Explain how the unity of believers is expressed in the concept of the vine and the branches.(8 marks)
(c) Give six reasons why Christians in Kenya should work in unity. (6 marks)
5. (a)Outline seven causes of homosexuality in Kenya today.(7 marks)
(b) State seven similarities between traditional African and Christian understanding of marriage.
(c) Give six effects of divorce on children in Kenya today. (6 marks)
6. (a)Outline the traditional African understanding of wealth.(6 marks)
(b) Explain seven causes of bribery and corruption in Kenya today.
(c) Give seven reasons why a Christian family should discuss its budget.