Internal risks provide better opportunities for mitigation because they are within your business’s control. There are 5 main types of internal risks:
- Manufacturing risks – caused by disruptions of internal operations or processes
- Business risks – caused by changes in key personnel, management, reporting structures or business processes, such as the way purchasers communicate to suppliers and customers
- Planning and control risks – caused by inadequate assessment and planning, which amount to ineffective management
- Mitigation and contingency risks – caused by not putting contingencies (or alternative solutions) in place in case something goes wrong
- Cultural risks – caused by a business’s cultural tendency to hide or delay negative information. Such businesses are generally slower to react when impacted by unexpected events.
(Visited 83 times, 1 visits today)