WEDNESDAY: 3 August 2022. Morning paper. Time Allowed: 2 hours.
This paper has two sections. SECTION I has twenty (20) multiple choice questions. SECTION II has three practical questions of sixty (60) marks. All questions are compulsory. Marks allocated to each question are shown at the end of the question.
1. What is the name given to composing of text and images to create a message?
A. Mail merging
B. Graphic design
C. Artistic expression
D. Texture (2 marks)
2. The area around outside the printable space is called?
D. Foreground (2 marks)
3. A two dimension that is a closed loop is known as?
D. Triangle (2 marks)
4. Which of the following is used to hold graphics that maybe used but NOT printable?
B. Paste board
D. Working area (2 marks)
5. Choose the one that is a graphic design principal.
6. The list below is of popular graphic design software. Select the ODD one out
C. Paint Shop Pro
D. CorelDRAW (2 marks)
7. Which one of the following is an example of online graphic design tool?
D. Fresco (2 marks)
8. Connotative images are often used in a process called _____________, in which pictures and words are combined to convey ideas. It’s a process often used in fields like.
C. Marketing media
D. Graphic design (2 marks)
9. Product ________________ is a method used by program developers to prevent unlicensed use of graphic design software.
D. Entitlement (2 marks)
10. What is the name given to the information displayed on the screen that requests the operator to enter information or a command during graphic design software installation?
C. Input device
D. Character (2 marks)
11. The art and technique of arranging type to make written language legible, readable and appealing when displayed is known as?
D. Graphics design (2 marks)
12. Which one of the following is a basic kind of typeface?
A. Sans serif
D. Oblique (2 marks)
13. Which one of the following is not a characteristic of a good logo in design?
D. Generic (2 marks)
14. A decorative extension or stroke on a letterform; may be part of a letter by design or available either as an additional graphic or as an add-on to the standard character is known as?
D. Crotch (2 marks)
15. Which one of the following is NOT a typographic mistake in designing an organisational logo?
A. Lack of kerning
B. Inappropriate font
C. Too many fonts
D. Versatility (2 marks)
16. Which of the following is the default colour mode in Photoshop?
A. Grey Scale
D. Black Mode (2 marks)
17. What is the name given to a defect of seeing colours other than the ones on an image?
A. Total Blindness
B. Partial blindness
C. Optical illusion
D. Lack of proportion (2 marks)
18. ___________________ is the appearance of colour which is affected by the surrounding colour.
D. Contrast (2 marks)
19. _____________________ is the plan of organizing colours in graphics design.
A. Colour scheme
B. Colour wheel
D. Composition (2 marks)
20. What is the name given to a memorable reputation of a company which can be created using colours?
D. Peace (2 marks)
Instructions: Perform the tasks below. Answer all the questions
21. Using a graphics software, design the card below.
Upload files to demonstrate how you have performed the above task.
Upload screenshots/files to demonstrate how you have performed the above task.