Facility layout designing and implementation is influenced by various factors. These factors vary from industry to industry but influence facility layout. These factors are as follows:
- The design of the facility layout should consider overall objectives set by the organization.
- Optimum space needs to be allocated for process and technology.
- A proper safety measure as to avoid mishaps.
- Overall management policies and future direction of the organization
Types of Facility Layout
There are six types of facility layout, and they are as follows:
- Line Layout
- Functional Layout
- Fixed Position Layout
- Cellular Technology Layout
- Combined Layout, and
- Computerized Relative Allocation of Facility Technique