Epi Info is a public domain statistical software for epidemiology developed by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Epi Info has been in existence for over 20 years and is currently available for Microsoft Windows.
The program allows for electronic survey creation, data entry, and analysis. Within the analysis module, analytic routines include t-tests, ANOVA, nonparametric statistics, cross tabulations and stratification with estimates of odds ratios, risk ratios, and risk differences, logistic regression (conditional and unconditional), survival analysis (Kaplan Meier and Cox proportional hazard),
and analysis of complex survey data.
- Consists of multiple modules to accomplish various tasks beyond just statistical analysis.
- Ability to rapidly develop a questionnaire
- Customize the data entry process
- Quick entry of data into questionnaire
- Quick analysis of data
- Not a dedicated statistical package
- Not as powerful as commercial alternative for performing advanced analysis and modeling