DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SALE MANAGERS
- Environmental analysis and marketing research-this usually involves monitoring and adapting to external factors that affect success or failure such as the economy and competition and collecting data to resolve specific marketing issues.
- Broadening an organizations/individuals scope-this involves deciding on the emphasis to place as well as the approach to take on societal issues and international marketing.
- Consumer analysis-this involves examining and evaluating consumer characteristic needs and purchase processes; and selecting the group(s) of consumers at which to aim marketing efforts.
- Product planning-this includes goods, services, organizations, people, places, and ideas-developing and maintaining products, product assortments(a set o all products and items that a particular seller offers for sale to buyers),product images, brands, packaging and optional features and deleting faltering products.
- Distribution planning-this involves forming relations with distribution intermediaries, physical distribution, inventory management, warehousing, transportation, the allocation of goods and services, wholesaling and retailing.
- Promotion planning-this involves communicating with customers, the general public and others through some form of advertising, public relations, personal selling and or sales promotion.
- Price planning-this involves determining price level and ranges, pricing techniques, terms of purchase, price adjustments and the use of price as an active or passive factor.
- Marketing management-this involve planning, implementing, and controlling the marketing program(strategy) and individual marketing functions; appraising the risks and benefits in decision making; and focusing on total quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SALES MANAGER
- Knowledge of: firm’s long and short-run goals and objectives, production process, consumer behavior, competitors
- Functional skills: market forecast, design of sales organization, recruiting and selecting salesperson, training, budgeting, compensation, territory and quota design, sales analysis, developing sales approach, customer service, order processing, credit and collection, promotion
- Administrative ability: planning, organizing, coordination, motivating, evaluation and control, communication
- Leadership ability
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)