TUESDAY: 6 December 2022. Afternoon Paper. Time Allowed: 3 hours.
Answer ALL questions. This paper has three sections. SECTION I has thirty (30) multiple choice questions. Each question is allocated one (1) mark. SECTION II has twenty (20) short response questions. Each question is allocated two (2) marks. SECTION III has TWO practical questions of thirty (30) marks. Marks allocated to each question are shown at the end of the question(s).
1. What is the location on a server used to store a computer username, password and other information known as?
A. User account
B. User profile
C. Service profile
D. Default account (1 mark)
2. Which one of the following refers to the access point of programs displayed on the desktop where users can view the open primary and secondary window with the ability to quickly switch between them?
A. Internet explorer
D. Taskbar (1 mark)
3. Which of the following refers to a hierarchical database that contains data critical for the operation, applications and services that run on Windows?
A. Configuration files
B. Group policy
D. Access (1 mark)
4. Which one of the following key combination is used to make a cursor go to the next section or chunk?
A. Crtl + Home
B. Ctrl +End
C. Ctrl +PgDn
D. Ctrl +PgUp (1 mark)
5. Which one of the following keyboard shortcut keys are used in Microsoft word to open insert file menu?
D. Ctrl + F8 (1 mark)
6. Which of the following is a software feature used in word processing programs that corrects common typographical and spellings errors in a document?
D. SmartTags (1 mark)
7. What is the name given to blank spaces that line the top, bottom, and left and right sides of a document to make it look neat and professional?
D. Alignment (1 mark)
8. Which one of the following is an excel feature that allows a user to quickly copy formulas and apply them to cells of choice?
D. Anchoring (1 mark)
9. Which of the following function count cells containing any type of information, including error values and empty text (“”)?
D. COUNTA (1 mark)
10. Which of the following function keys is used to print the file in the active window?
D. F9 (1 mark)
11. Ms Lyn an intern in the accounting department of an organization wanted to quickly fill suppliers transaction details using excel. Which of the following tools could be appropriate to be used?
A. Freeze pane tool
B. Format Painter tool
D. Autofill Tool (1 mark)
12. Which of the following is a tool used in excel to illustrate small visual representation of the chart’s data series directly linked to a chart data range?
B. Clipart area
C. Plot area
D. Chart area (1 mark)
13. Which of the following key combination in word document is used to open the find and replace tool in order to enable a user search for a character, word, or phrase and replace it with something else?
D. Ctrl+H (1 mark)
14. Which of the following slides is used to outline main business objectives for purposes of marketing and orientation presentations?
A. Quantitative charts.
B. Title slide
C. Text slides
D. Conceptual slides (1 mark)
15. A group of cells on a worksheet, where you set the rules for filtering the data with a specific setup is referred to as?
B. Criteria Range
C. Average Range
D. Sum Range (1 mark)
16. Which one of the following is an excel function used to calculate accrued interest for a security that pays interest on a periodic basis?
D. ACOS (1 mark)
17. Which one of the following view slides in PowerPoint makes it easy for one to sort and organize the sequence of your slides as you prepare to print the slides?
A. Outline view
B. Notes page view
C. Slide sorter
D. Slide show (1 mark)
18. Which one of the following key combinations is used to underline the selected text?
A. Ctrl+ C
B. Ctrl+ O
C. Ctrl+ E
D. Ctrl+ U (1 mark)
19. Which of the following are animation-like effects that happen when you move from one slide to the next during a presentation?
A. Slide view
B. Slide show
C. Slide Sorter
D. Slide transitions (1 mark)
20. Which of the following key combination is used to highlight all text from the current position to the end of the text or page?
A. Ctrl + Shift + End
D. Ctrl+Shift + > (1 mark)
21. Which of the following refers to a combination of two or more columns in a table that can be used to uniquely identify each row in the table as used in database package?
A. Foreign key
B. Candidate key
C. Primary Key
D. Composite key (1 mark)
22. Which of the following tools gives you a more detailed outlook of the structure of the form as used in access?
A. Ole Object
B. Datasheet view
C. Design View
D. Lookup Wizard (1 mark)
23. Which one of the following gives you an answer to a simple question, perform calculations, combine data from different tables, add, change, or delete data from a database?
D. Macro (1 mark)
24. In a database package, what is a simple view of data arranged in rows and columns called?
D. Specsheet (1 mark)
25. Which one of the following key combinations is used to insert a duplicate of the selected slide in PowerPoint?
D. Ctrl+D (1 mark)
26. Which of the following key is used to switch between help window and active program?
C. ALT + HOME
D. F1 (1 mark)
27. What is used to create a batch of documents that are personalized for each recipient?
A. Mail Chimp
B. Mail merge
D. Google Drive (1 mark)
28. Which of the following is used to identify groups of similar objects in datasets with two or more variable quantities?
D. Grouping (1 mark)
29. Which of the following key combination is used to move between the current view and the actual view in publisher?
B. Ctrl + F9
C. Ctrl + W
D. Ctrl + M (1 mark)
30. A graphic designer was editing a logo of a client. Which of the following commands can be used to increase font size to the next larger size?
A. Ctrl + Shift + <
B. Ctrl + Shift + >
C. Ctrl + [
D. Ctrl + ] (1 mark)
31. State the software that makes individuals or businesses performs tasks specific to their needs. (2 marks)
32. What is a data structure that helps speed database queries for large datasets called? (2 marks)
33. In Excel, a built-in function that is designed to work with data that is organised into columns is known as?
34. What is the name given to a software tool in some word processors that provides synonyms for selected words on
command? (2 marks)
35. In a spreadsheet, what is the name given to an address or pointer that changes when the target item is moved or
the relationship to it has changed? (2 marks)
36. What is the name given to a column or group of columns in a relational database table that provides a link between
data in two tables. (2 marks)
37. In a word processing package, what is the name of the temporary holding area the computer uses for any item that
has been copied or cut? (2 marks)
38. Built-in formulas that are used to enter either commonly used or very complex formulas are known as? (2 marks)
39. What is the name given to a stored procedure set to execute a particular event, usually a change to a table’s data?
40. What is the term given to the global address that specifies the location of documents and other resources on the
World Wide Web? (2 marks)
41. The process of adding or subtracting space between specific pairs of characters in desktop publish software is
known as? (2 marks)
42. Which spreadsheet error is displayed when a formula or function contains invalid numeric values? (2 marks)
43. In desktop publishing, the space placed between columns in a design to add breath or white space is referred to
as? (2 marks)
44. A company that provides access to the internet to both personal and business customers is referred to as? (2 marks)
45. In databases, what is defined as a single person, place, or thing about which data can be stored? (2 marks)
46. Which is the software program that helps people find the information they are looking for online using keywords
or phrases called? (2 marks)
47. An interconnected system of public webpages accessible through the Internet is referred to as? (2 marks)
48. What is the element in an HTML document that links to either another portion of the document or to another
document called? (2 marks)
49. Jolly was using Microsoft Excel working on figures in a worksheet. Which error would be displayed on the screen
if an invalid cell is referenced? (2 marks)
50. Which is the spreadsheet function that calculates and gives the current date? (2 marks)
Answer all questions in this section. Each question is allocated 15 marks
51. Use a spreadsheet package to answer the following questions:
An Agricultural corporation sells Fertilizers to farmers on credit. The credit terms require the farmer to make a
deposit of 25%, the balance after the deposit is paid in monthly installments over a period of 24 months without
The table below shows the farmers details and their credit values.
Create a workbook named “Fertiliser credit sales” and enter the data as shown above. (5 marks)
Use appropriate formulae to calculate values for the deposits, balance and monthly installments for every farmer. Insert borders on all entries of the sheet. (5 marks)
Open a new sheet and show the formulas you have used to calculate the deposits, balance and monthly installments. (5 marks)
Upload “Fertiliser Credit Sales” workbook.
(Total: 15 marks)
52. Use a word processing package to answer the following question.
The following is a blank invoice for KEUGTZ Enterprises.
Using a word processing tool, generate invoices for any THREE debtors. Include all listed records and pictures.
(Total: 15 Marks)